New S.EP.A. membership

Information and discussion of S.E.P.A. related issues.

Moderator: Curtis

Re: New S.EP.A. membership

Postby jcheil » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Quads4fun wrote:I would have said something to them but it was a BUNCH of them and I aint THAT stupid.

That's why I carry a spare clip....
jcheil
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Howard » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm

jcheil wrote:
Quads4fun wrote:I would have said something to them but it was a BUNCH of them and I aint THAT stupid.

A clip is something you hold paper together with. A magazine is what holds bullets for a weapon. Jay you should come over to the gun range in St. Lucie west, we have competition shooting with bowling pins. It is the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, I would like to take some of your money. And anyone else who would like more info on bowling pins let me know. It is a lot of fun.
Howard
Land Owner

Postby Quads4fun » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 pm

Howard wrote:
jcheil wrote:

A clip is something you hold paper together with. A magazine is what holds bullets for a weapon. Jay you should come over to the gun range in St. Lucie west, we have competition shooting with bowling pins. It is the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, I would like to take some of your money. And anyone else who would like more info on bowling pins let me know. It is a lot of fun.

They do the same at the indoor range in Vero Beach on Thursday nights but unfortunately, I work too late :(
Quads4fun
Land Owner

Postby jcheil » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Howard wrote:A clip is something you hold paper together with. A magazine is what holds bullets for a weapon. Jay you should come over to the gun range in St. Lucie west, we have competition shooting with bowling pins. It is the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, I would like to take some of your money. And anyone else who would like more info on bowling pins let me know. It is a lot of fun.

Yes, I have done that pin-shooting before and it was quite fun.
But back then I didn't have a large caliber automatic so I had the challenge of doing it with my 6-shot .44mag which had plenty of power to knock them down, but the 6-shot capacity/reload time would always kill me if I didn't get all 5 with the first 6 shots (which did happen sometimes).
Now that I have the XD45 (13+1 capacity) .45 auto, it'll be easier.
So, yeah, I may join you sometime.
jcheil
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Howard » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:48 pm

jcheil wrote:
Howard wrote:A clip is something you hold paper together with. A magazine is what holds bullets for a weapon. Jay you should come over to the gun range in St. Lucie west, we have competition shooting with bowling pins. It is the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, I would like to take some of your money. And anyone else who would like more info on bowling pins let me know. It is a lot of fun.

Yes, I have done that pin-shooting before and it was quite fun.
But back then I didn't have a large caliber automatic so I had the challenge of doing it with my 6-shot .44mag which had plenty of power to knock them down, but the 6-shot capacity/reload time would always kill me if I didn't get all 5 with the first 6 shots (which did happen sometimes).
Now that I have the XD45 (13+1 capacity) .45 auto, it'll be easier.
So, yeah, I may join you sometime.

Next Monday the 21st is the 22lr (pistol) bowling pin top shoot. The first Monday of every month is the big pins. Hope to see you there. If you want to shoot and check out the range, let me know you can come with me at no charge. Give me a call if you want to go.
Howard
Land Owner

Previous

Return to Public S.E.P.A. Info