Purchasing help

Information and discussion of S.E.P.A. related issues.

Moderator: Curtis

Purchasing help

Postby l7d7s7 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:20 pm

I am about to buy a lot and just want to make sure I don't get scammed. Can anyone offer any advice? I verified the person's name on the Osceola County Property Appraiser website. They said they are going to get a Warranty Deed notarized by all 3 owners and that they need the names and address of the 3 purchasing the lot. Then they said that I just have to take the deed to the court house and get it registered. I ordered a title search today which I should have back by tomorrow. Is there anything else that needs to be done? Are there any indicators of scams that I need to watch out for? Thanks for the help and hope to see you all soon!
l7d7s7
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

sounds ok

Postby countrygirl » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Sounds legit so far - don't pay anything more than a deposit until you get the signed deed. You may want to check on the taxes - see whether they have been paid on not.

Once the deed is RECORDED at the Clerk of Court's office at the Kissimmee Courthouse, you can purchase your keys, if you didn't get them from the previous owner.

Welcome and Good luck and be safe! Please don't tear up the roads and parking lot - there are plenty of "play" spots to tear up in...
Rita Hemphill
SEPA Club Inc
Treasurer/Key Chairperson
SEPAClubInc@aol.com
ritahemphill6530@aol.com
countrygirl@suburbanestates.net
countrygirl
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Justardnck » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:33 am

If a key has been issued a key on the piece that you are buying you will need to get the key from him, I don't think they will issue a new key if one is still outstanding.
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain

I would like to beat the daylights out of the person who invented the vent-less gas can
Justardnck
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby l7d7s7 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 am

There are 3 names on the deed and they say they have 2 keys and are in the process of getting the third. I will make sure they show up with 3. Thanks for the advice!!
l7d7s7
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Squirrel » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:54 pm

l7d7s7 wrote:There are 3 names on the deed and they say they have 2 keys and are in the process of getting the third. I will make sure they show up with 3. Thanks for the advice!!

I handle the keys for SE. I sent you a PM asking for info. When I receive that info. I can tell you how many,numbers and who has the 3 keys.

Lauretta Smith Key Chr.
Squirrel
Land Owner

Postby Squirrel » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:55 pm

l7d7s7 wrote:There are 3 names on the deed and they say they have 2 keys and are in the process of getting the third. I will make sure they show up with 3. Thanks for the advice!!

I handle the keys for SE. I sent you a PM asking for info. When I receive that info. I can tell you how many,numbers and who has the 3 keys.

Lauretta Smith Key Chr.
Squirrel
Land Owner

Postby l7d7s7 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:40 pm

Thank you Lauretta, I will PM you back.
l7d7s7
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Return to Public S.E.P.A. Info