Bought parcel in October, still have no key!!!!!

Information and discussion of S.E.P.A. related issues.

Moderator: Curtis

Bought parcel in October, still have no key!!!!!

Postby leighsaid » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm

I bought land in SEPA in early October and can't get my key from Loretta. My taxes are paid and I have my deed but she won't answer the phone and I can't leave a message. Any suggestions?

Frustrated in Titusville
leighsaid
Land Owner

Postby Curtis » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:29 pm

There was an problem with the issuance of keys and the county. It is almost taken care of, and should be resolved at any time. I would hope she is accepting people's calls and answering inquiries.

Loretta (or countrygirl, since you've been keeping LO's updated), since the threads on this situation were moved to the landowner section, could you maybe summarize the issue here, so new landowners will know what's going on, and when they can expect a key?
Curtis

Curtis
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Landowner?: No

Postby jcheil » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:44 pm

Curtis wrote:There was an problem with the issuance of keys and the county. It is almost taken care of, and should be resolved at any time. I would hope she is accepting people's calls and answering inquiries.

Loretta (or countrygirl, since you've been keeping LO's updated), since the threads on this situation were moved to the landowner section, could you maybe summarize the issue here, so new landowners will know what's going on, and when they can expect a key?

Give that person Dix's number... :wink:
jcheil
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Justardnck » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:02 pm

jcheil wrote:
Curtis wrote:There was an problem with the issuance of keys and the county. It is almost taken care of, and should be resolved at any time. I would hope she is accepting people's calls and answering inquiries.

Give that person Dix's number... :wink:
His number is disconnected... I wonder why :mrgreen:
Don't blame me, I voted for McCain

I would like to beat the daylights out of the person who invented the vent-less gas can
Justardnck
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Hinchman/Hart » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:57 am

Who did you buy your property from? They most likely should have given you a key. Ask them where your key is in the meantime while the gate gets sorted out.

There was one lifeless individual out of all owners that had a problem with the way the gate was being handled so some things had to be taken care of with the county.

I would suspect your wait will be a short one.

Make sure you have copies of every piece of information for your property. Loretta does a great job keeping things straight. If you decide to put up a camp or take over someone elses you will be glad she does what she does.

Also get Curtis your information so you can gain access to the landowners section of the forum. Eventually you may get access to the super secret Facebook page. :wink:

FYI
SEPA = Suburban Estates Preservation Association
Your property is in "Suburban Estates" or SE

Welcome
ImageImage
Hinchman/Hart
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby screg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:13 pm

WOW this is like a whole new jack. The old jack would have been I believe something like this. (Caution Jack Recreation in progress) [smilie=cry2.gif] I did not get my key. Good one less day riding puke i have to deal with. Why are you coming on here to bitch about it anyway. Go bitch at the person who sold you the land they probably have 4 keys and are just keeping them to still come out even though they are not land owners anymore. Hell they probably already sold them on Craig's list for like 300 bucks each. I say we don't give out any more keys at all. Day riding pukes. (End of recreation) :wink: :twisted: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good job jack. Your so sweet :roll:
screg
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Hinchman/Hart » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:52 pm

I was in a good mood I guess.

But exactly what you said. [smilie=boohoo.gif] :lol:
ImageImage
Hinchman/Hart
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby maddog » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:02 pm

Like they said the person you bought the property from has your keys or key.He should turn them one or all over to you PERIOD
maddog
Land Owner

Postby aaatrans » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 am

Yes as everyone has said the if keys have been issued to the parcel you bought, then the person you bought the property from should give you the key to it. Otherwise they will sell the keys on Craigslist at $1500 each and make more money and give us more keys to confiscate when we do key checks.

Lauretta is still available and I know I haven't had no problems reaching her or anyone with a key probelm at the gate doesn't have any problems either, but since receiveing the letter from the County with regards to the keys she is following their orders. We should have all this behind us hopefully by the end of December and be in full compliance with the county and state.
aaatrans
Land Owner

Landowner?: Yes

Postby jethro » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:07 am

This is an issue that can be manipulated! Landowner can not access his/her property and the gate keeper will not issue keys. Dont you think they may have a rite to their property with anyway neccessary to enter via rip out the gate. What will the consequences be to doing that. I wouldnt blame them for doing this. Lauretta better get on the ball and get them keys issued!! It is not the job of the new landowner to retrieve the keys from seller!! Get on it now!!!
jethro
Land Owner

Postby Curtis » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:39 am

The main issue, as I understand it, is the "selling" of the key (by the club) to the landowner. In this capacity, the club is acting as a business, and needs a county business license to do so. That is being worked on, and is going through the county licensing process as we speak.

Until the process is complete, the club cannot "sell" any keys. (A workaround may be to accept a "donation" for the key?) :scratch:
Curtis

Curtis
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Landowner?: No

Postby jcheil » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:03 pm

jethro wrote:This is an issue that can be manipulated! Landowner can not access his/her property and the gate keeper will not issue keys. Dont you think they may have a rite to their property with anyway neccessary to enter via rip out the gate. What will the consequences be to doing that. I wouldnt blame them for doing this. Lauretta better get on the ball and get them keys issued!! It is not the job of the new landowner to retrieve the keys from seller!! Get on it now!!!

Have you not been reading what is going on in the landowner forum regarding the keys? Even if she WANTED to giveout keys now, she cannot. We can thank Dix for that.
However, I believe it will not be much longer...
jcheil
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Keys...

Postby DL33411 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

I thought you just weren't allowed to SELL the key. The person who bought the land is legally entitled to access to their land and they should be GIVEN a key until the problem is solved.

When I bought my land the person I bought it from never had keys for it and never sold the old ones on EBAY or Craig's List and I had to wait almost a month to get the frickin' key mailed to me and as you can see I am not holding any grudges at all. :violent3:
DL33411
Land Owner

Postby aaatrans » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 pm

It is not the job of the new landowner to retrieve the keys from seller!! Get on it now!!!

It is up to the old landowner to provide the new landowner with the key he already has for the property. If a key has never been issued for the property then they deal with Lauretta with regards to getting a key.

What would they do if the old landowner never provided a deed to the new landowners for the property as well?

The old key goes with the property when it is sold,providing a key was issued to the properties old landowner.

If we had a parcel number we could check to see who has the old key.

I just spoke with Lauretta and she said Richmond was supposed to send paperwork for this parcel and it has not been received yet. If you care to call Lauretta yourself you can reach her at 407-973-8310
aaatrans
Land Owner

Landowner?: Yes

Postby Squirrel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:29 pm

I'm so glad everone knows whats going on, because I sure don't.

NO PAPER WORK - NO MONEY - NO KEY end of story.

Lauretta
Squirrel
Land Owner

Next

Return to Public S.E.P.A. Info