Editorial from the VP

Information and discussion of S.E.P.A. related issues.

Moderator: Curtis

Editorial from the VP

Postby bobby » Sat May 19, 2007 4:54 pm

First of all, for those of you who do not know me, my name is Bobby Jansen, and I am the Vice President of SEPA. My phone number, address, etc is over on the left. If you have not met me, stop by and say hello. I would enjoy meeting you. I have been out of town for the last couple of months working on a cabin in Tennessee for my wife and myself, and have not been here for the last recent rash of fires and problems. I apologize and in the future, will make every effort to be around when I'm needed.

Next, our hearts and our sympathy go out to those who have lost their trailers and a truck at the Jacked Up Camp today. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the people that tried to save that camp and the trucks. I was going to start mentioning names, but I was afraid I would leave someone out. For those of you who don't know about the fires today, two of the trailers and a pickup truck were burnt. I think it was an F250 4x4 -- burnt to the ground. Again, thanks to everyone who helped by moving the gas cans, generators and saving everything they possibly could before the fire took over. What is going on with these fires?

In the last month, we have had some major fires and multiple camps burned. The Forestry and Fire Depts have bailed on us. What is that about? At this time, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has volunteered for the Suburban Estates Volunteer Fire Dept. Thank you for all of the tanks, hoses, and money that were contributed today. And on Memorial Day weekend, we plan to have a key check and a collection. Please pass the word, and contribute as much as you can to these causes. They are only for our benefit. Please make sure that if you smoke, your cigarettes are completely put out. There is a BAN on all fires, or burning of any kind in Osceola County. If you do have a fire, make sure you put it out completely before you leave!!! Make sure when you park your truck or atv that you are not parked in tall grass. Your exhaust can cause a fire, and may not be noticeable till after you leave. And please, please, please watch out for the other guy. Because they may not have read the web site, and not aware of the problem we are having.

We have to rely on each other to protect our camps, our investments, and our property. If anyone needs any information on ways to donate money, or help out in any way, and can't find out who to give money or donations to, call me and I will hook you up to the right person.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.
bobby
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: Editorial from the VP

Postby Mustang92 » Sun May 20, 2007 12:24 am

bobby wrote:Next, our hearts and our sympathy go out to those who have lost their trailers and a truck at the Jacked Up Camp today. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the people that tried to save that camp and the trucks. I was going to start mentioning names, but I was afraid I would leave someone out. For those of you who don't know about the fires today, two of the trailers and a pickup truck were burnt. I think it was an F250 4x4 -- burnt to the ground. Again, thanks to everyone who helped by moving the gas cans, generators and saving everything they possibly could before the fire took over. What is going on with these fires?

That was my truck that burned up today. I also agree and defintely give a big thanks to all that saved what they could from our camp and helped save my friends trucks from burning like mine did. I don't know what else to say I'm still in shock from seeing my truck just destroyed. It was my primary and only means of transportation and now completely gone. If the fire was intentional and from the sounds of it, it was, the ones responsible better hope I never find out who they are.

Bill
07 Yellow Rhino
Mustang92
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Return to Public S.E.P.A. Info