New area for S.E.P.A. discussions

Information and discussion of S.E.P.A. related issues.

Moderator: Curtis

New area for S.E.P.A. discussions

Postby Curtis » Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:12 am

This area will be used for S.E.P.A related PUBLIC information. Since S.E.P.A. is open to the public, this area will be used to discuss and relay information on S.E.P.A. activities in order to generate interest and increase membership.
Curtis

Curtis
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Landowner?: No

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:53 pm

WILL ANY IMPORTANT AREA OF DISCUSSION AT THE MEETING BE DISPLAYED HERE???

Postby mainetoo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:18 am

I agree. Could someone that attended the recent meeting please give us a rundown?
mainetoo
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Sepa

Postby bobby » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:39 pm

Curtis?
bobby
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby mainetoo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:10 pm

bobby?
mainetoo
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby bobby » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:20 pm

Don,

Curtis had the mic and the camera.
bobby
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Jan. 15th S.E.P.A. Meeting

Postby Curtis » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:03 am

Sorry for the lag... had lots to do this week. There were other people there, INCLUDING the vice-president, so I'm shocked no one else has posted anything yet.

The meeting membership went from just over 60 before the meeting to OVER 100! Thanks everyone that took the time to sign up!

Discussions were made about a key change, and basically a vote was put off until next meeting. (Why, I don't know) I think mainly it's being discouraged because of logistics and money constraints. We can discuss this further here, if anyone wants to.

The State Acquisition was brought up, and I explained what is known so far, and that is that it will probably go away, for a couple of reasons, mainly lack of state funds and the high number of landowners involved.

Chris also reminded everyone that he is hosting a cleanup party and cookout on February 12, with poker run to follow by Kevin J. I hope all those able to attend this special event will make plans to come.

One thing that came up at the meeting was for the club to attempt to aquire a piece of property for a new meeting spot and pavilion. If anyone has a piece of land that you would be willing to donate, or an unused parcel that you would be willing to lease to the club, please contact me.

The poker run netted about $90 to the grader fund. That's a good start to a GOOD thing! I also talked to a few people about equipment and we will be in a position to start planning some road grading soon!

If anyone present at the meeting wants to chime in here, feel free.

Please mention your opinion of the meeting, and anything you thing needs to be discussed at the next one.
Curtis

Curtis
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Landowner?: No

Postby DadsHideaway » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:10 am

Thanks for the update Curtis. :wink:
DadsHideaway
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

? ORIGINALLY POSTED ON THE DAY OF THE MEETING

Postby bobby » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:20 am

IF YOU WERE NOT THERE TODAY YOU MISSED OUT BIG TIME!

SEPA NOW HAS OVER 1 HUNDRED MEMBERS.

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS.

THANKS TO ALL THE HARD WORK AND SUPPORT FROM THE SEPA MEMBERS AND THE POSSE. THANKS TO CURTIS'S HELP WITH THE E-MAILS. NOW WE HAVE THE BALL ROLLING, LET'S KEEP IT GOING.

HOPFULLY WE AS LANDOWNERS TOGETHER CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

THE 50/50 DRAWING AT THE MEETING WAS WON BY JANET JANSEN
THE COOLER THAT WAS RAFFELED OF WAS WON BY JANET JANSEN
THE ATV SERVICE FROM JSO MOTOR SPORTS WAS WON BY JANET JANSEN

ARE WE STARTING TO SEE A PATTEREN HERE? WHAT THE LUCK!

JSO MOTOR SPORTS DONATED HATS FOR THE POKER RUN AND SHIRTS FOR THE RAFFLE AND THE COMPLETE ATV SERVICE. THANK YOU KEVIN SIMMONS FROM JSO MOTOR SPORTS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND DONATIONS.

IF ANYONE NEEDS ATV SERVICE OR PARTS OR MAYBE EVEN A NEW BIKE GIVE KEVIN A CALL. HE SUPPORTS SEPA - LETS SUPPORT HIM.

THE TRUSTEES AND THE PEOPLE THAT HELPED WITH THE COOKOUT DID A GREAT JOB. THANK YOU ONE AND ALL.

KEVIN JANSEN PUT ON THE POKER RUN. WITH HALF THE MONEY GOING IN TO THE GRADER FUND THE OTHER HALF GOING TO THE PERSONS IN THIS CASE HAVING THE BEST HAND.

WITH THE WINNERS PUTTING HALF BACK INTO THE FUND. THANKS DICK AND AUSTIN AND SOME DONATIONS WE NOW HAVE ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS IN THE FUND

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEPA OR THE POSSE. AS LAND OWNERS WE ALL BENFIT FROM THE ROAD BEING GRADED. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE MONEY TO THE FUND, CALL ME OR KEVIN OR YOU CAN ALLWAYS STOP BY THE CAMP.

THE RUN WAS COMPLETED BY KEVIN AND MYSELF IN 33 MINUTES. HE WAS THE FIRST ONE BACK. (NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THE FAINT AT HEART) THE NEXT ONE BACK WAS ALMOST AN HOUR LATER.

I KNOW THAT WITH ALL THE PICTURES THAT WERE TAKEN SOME OF THEM SHOULD SHOW UP HERE.

KEVIN JANSEN SAID THAT AFTER THE CLEAN UP CHRIS IS PUTTING TOGETHER FOR FEBURARY 12, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER POKER RUN. YOU MUST PARTICIPATE IN THE CLEAN UP AT THE PAVILLION TO BE IN THE POKER RUN. JUST KIDDING, WE WILL HAVE MORE POSTS WITH INFO LATER

THE CLEAN UPS AND GRADER FUND BENFIT US, THE LANDOWNERS. THEY ONLY WORK IF WE ALL PARTICIPATE, SO PLEASE COME AND HELP OUT.

THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS - I KNOW MORE POSTS WILL FOLLOW.
bobby
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Bronco » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:31 am

Although I agree the grader fund is important, I think it should only be used for MAJOR repairs like we had at the back culvert. We dont need to make the main road any better than it already is. All the roads are fine now as far as I'm concerned.
Remember: SE is the woods and you may just need a 4WD to go certain places. Crappy roads limit traffic out there which is good.

Right now I think the cleanup is more important. Are we all set for the 12th? There is going to be a ton of garbage collected if it's anything like the one we had last year. Are we stacking it all at the gate again?
Bronco

Postby mainetoo » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:28 am

Dick Cheney was at the SEPA meeting?
mainetoo
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Flahunter » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:20 pm

No, it was Dick Cheney's daughter
Flahunter
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Postby Floater » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:30 pm

!!!
Floater
Land Owner
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: New area for S.E.P.A. discussions

Postby jethro » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:38 pm

all you can hear all day is 2cycle engines screaming all over the place
jethro
Land Owner

Re: New area for S.E.P.A. discussions

Postby Quads4fun » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:12 pm

jethro wrote:all you can hear all day is 2cycle engines screaming all over the place

...AND half the night.
Quads4fun
Land Owner

Next

Return to Public S.E.P.A. Info